Sunday, June 23, 2013

We Willingly Serve Him with Spirit and Might

Hola!
 
Wow, what a week! So much has happened and it's hard to know where to begin writing! First of all it's so fun to hear from all of you. It's weird not having a phone or being able to get on the computer all the time, but letters are so fun to get during the week!
 
I am so excited for Sunday! We get to sing for the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve in the Marriott Center at the broadcast Sunday! We will be singing "Called to Serve," and "Hark all ye Nations." Hermana Gutierrez and I have been practicing a lot, be sure to look for us! :) It will be neat being here when all the general authorities will be. I can't wait! This really is the best time to be in the MTC.
 
In relief society here on Sunday, we have it with all the sister missionaries and always have such an amazing speaker! We also sing "As Sisters in Zion," Missionary edition. It is so incredible singing it with SO many other sister missionaries. We copied down the lyrics. Here they are:
 
"As Sisters in Zion we're called to God's labor, we willing serve Him with Spirit and might. 
We go to the nations with truth Everlasting, we teach of our Savior the Lord Jesus Christ. 
We thank thee Oh God for a prophet to guide us. We trust in his words and our purpose is clear. 
The angels of Heaven are walking beside us, We'll share our glad message with all who will hear. 
We go forth enlisted with Helaman's army in numbers much greater than ever before, 
With power and spirit we'll faithfully witness, The heavens have spoken and truth is restored."
 
It's so amazing being a part of something so big! I am so glad to be a missionary, and even though I'm still here in the mtc until mid july, it is still so fun! A ton of the sisters that were supossed to go to Peru like me, finished their six weeks here with still no visa. Some of them are going to New York, and others to California. So I think my 5th week here if my visa still isn't in, I will get my temporary reassignment until it comes! I hope I will get to head to Peru soon though! But everyone can start their guesses for my second mission call if you want. :)
 
I'm out of time, but love you all! Thanks for so much love and support! Prayer is so imporant, and I have really gained a testimony of how prayer can give us more faith, strength, and power to keep going! And I am so thankful for you Dad, I hope you had a great Father's day. I'm so thankful for my Heavenly Father as well!
 
Hope you all have a great week! Adios!
 
Love,
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment