Saturday, July 13, 2013

Monday is MaKell's Birthday and it's also the day I happen to be FLYING TO PERU!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

FAMILIA!!!!!
 
AHHH I can't believe it!!!! We got our travel itenerary, and we are heading to PERU ON MONDAY!!!!!!! It was such a surprise! :) We were sure we were getting reassigned since everyone else that is going to Peru has been. We talked to the travel office, and they said they are letting us go as tourists, and letting us get our VISAS once we get there! How crazy is that?! It has been an exciting week knowing that we are actually heading to Peru. We have a lot to do before Monday. We need to pack, clean, and keep practicing our espanol and studying the gospel! It's weird to think I have just 3 days left in America for 17 months! Me and Hermana Gutierrez are constantly so excited and just laugh because we don't know what else to do. We are going in a travel group with 10 other missionaries, and heading to atlant, miami, and then to Lima, starting at 3:30am till 11:00pm. That will be an exciting day! We will probably be in Lima for a few days for VISAS, then we will fly up to Piura! I'm not sure when I will be able to get on the computer again, but hopefully I will have some fun stories to tell you about Peru. The MTC has been such a great experience, and I have been greatful for every second of it! I am most thankful for the people I have met and what they have taught me. I know I was put in the District, Zone, with Hermana Gutierrez, and with the teachers and leaders I have, for a reason! It has been an adventure for sure, and it will only continue to be a fun adventure!
 
Sunday we had a devotional by George D. Durant and his wife. I went up to him afterwards to shake his hand and said how I thought he knew my Grandpa. He sure did! So that was fun. He was such a great speaker and had us laughing the whole time. He talked about how being bold is important, and it's something that is not loud, but quiet. We need to share with others what we know to be true. It was a great message!
 
Today we got to go clean the Provo temple! It was such a neat experience. We cleaned each crystal piece of chandeleers. It took such a long time, and the crystals weren't even dirty! It was quite the process too, taking it all apart and putting it all together. It made me think about how Heavenly Father cares about each one of us individually, and takes time to answer our prayers and to give us what we need. We are all beautiful crystals to him!
 
Well, it's funny how I can't think of what to say when I feel like I have so much to say! I love you all and pray for you each day! I can't wait to get to Peru. Yes, it's scary barely knowing a little Spanish, and not knowing what it's going to be like, but I know it will all be ok because God is the one in charge! Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador. Yo se que el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Yo se que Thomas S. Monson es un Profeta hoy. Yo se qu con Dios, todos es posible! Esto es la mas importante cosa.Talk to you soon!
 
Love,
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment