Tuesday, October 8, 2013

In the Hands of the Lord

Hey fam!
 
So we found out Hermana Rosas is getting transfered in the morning which means I will be getting a new companion tomorrow!!!!!! It is going to be so different here in Paita without Hermana Rosas. I have learned so much from her and she has been such a patient, loving, and magnificent trainer. One of the most important things I have learned from her is the importance of this work and how to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. I am excited though to meet my new companion! It will be an adventure, that´s for sure. Good thing we are in the hands of the Lord. Thanks for all your prayers!
 
I was reading the Liahona the other morning and just about freaked out when I saw the article I was reading was by Lauren Bangerter Wilde!!! It is about finding success on the mission. It made reading it so much more meaningful knowing it was my cousin who served in Germany who was talking! I am thankful for that and for what I learned-how success on the mission should not be based on the decisions of others. Everything is in the hands of the Lord and if I do my part and serve with all I got, well then I know I am being successful. Thanks Lauren!
 
General Conference was so sweet! I wasn´t able to understand everything, which was a little frustrating, but I definitely was able to receive more personal revelation than I ever have before during a general conference! I think it had to do with the fact I was paying more attention to how I was feeling and not so much what was being said. I loved the musical number Beautiful Savior. It reminded me of when we sangthat in ward Choir with Nate. I love that song and am thankfulfor the spirit I could feel during it!
 
We had the baptism of Guillermo Saturday, he is the son in law of the president of our branch! It was so great. We are praying and fasting for Carlos. He all of the sudden got toobusy and it is hard to get a hold of him. He went from being super excited for his baptism to not wanting to talk to us. We dont know all the details but are trying to do all we can to help him. I hope we will be able to meet with him this week and helphim with whatever it is he needs! It´s comforting to know that the Lord knows excatly what he is going through, and while we dont, if we work through the Spirit we will be doing the Lords will. We also are working with Angelica and her two sons, she has been to church three times and wasat 3 of the sessions of conference! We hope she continues progressing!
 
Well, have a great week! I have been feeling more and more focused and dedicated to the work. I have so much to be grateful for and I am so thankful for this gospel. It´s true!
 
Love ya´ll so much!
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment