Monday, October 28, 2013

Miracles Happen...ALL the time!

Familia Mia,

The song in princess diaries, miracles happen once in a while when you believe,(haha kell) is way incorrect. They happen all the time! Every day infact. Carlos was baptized Saturday!! It was such a special and rewarding experience. I have been working with him since I got here, and to see him finally enter the waters of baptism was incredible. He was so happy and his wife, Olga. She bore her testimony and explained how she had been waiting for 30 years for this day. And I thought waiting 3-4 months felt long! haha. Anyways the Lord is working so many miracles. And they are right in front of our faces. 

Jess your story you wrote is incredible. I think I read it five times this week. This life is full of difficulties and tests. The trick is relying on the Lord and coming out of trials refined, not damaged-like you said! The command the Lord has for us to ¨¨be ye therefore perfect,¨¨ is only possible through our own personal suffering and learning here on the earth. In our past District meeting we were talking about the example of Jesus Christ, and how he was sent to earth, he suffered, died, and was resurrected. We also, were sent here on missions, suffer our own trials, give up our old selves and give ourselves to the Lord, and come out a changed, disciple of Christ. I´m thankful for this life and for the things the Lord allows us to learn through trials out of his love. 

This week was fun, we started teaching a couple, Karina and Tosheo and Karina is from Brazil! I love her accent. She also speaks English, and Japanese! I was explaining about the Book of Mormon and I couldn´t remember a word and Karina said, you can say it in English! ha I froze because I forgot how to speak English too. haha She told me I could teach in English. But then I said my companion wont have an idea what we were saying. haha So we stuck with spanish. But that was kind of fun! It´s hard for her to understand the language of the scriptures in Spanish, so we are going to see if we can get one in portugeuse. 

Hope y'all have a great week! remember to recognize, and record and thank the Lord for all the miracles you see each day, they are all around us!

Love y'all lots! 
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment