Monday, February 10, 2014

Merry Kiss Miss!

Hola Familia!

So this week felt a little like Christmas. I got a package from the ward ym/yw for Christmas, and wow, I was so excited! Please send a huge thanks! I fell on the floor at how many reeses christmas trees there were and the peanut butter.(literally I did) Hermana Gozan loved the Texas spicy crackers that I couldnt even eat one they were too spicey! She loves spice though and was eating them by the handful. It was almost too much for her too, she was surprised, because nothing is too hot for her. :) She also loved trying beef jerky for the first time. :)  Thanks so much!! 

Also, we were having kind of an off day, I think it was Thursday. We were tired, hot, and couldnt think straight- not sure what was wrong with us! I was praying that we could snap back into it so we could teach the rest of our lessons for the day. Well, we were trying to find the house of Maria Clara, the nun from New Zealand, so we were asking this older couple for directions. They said the direction we have doesnt exist. This confirms to me that she really was an angel! Anyways, We told them a little about the church, but are not too interested, ¨Somos Católicos.¨Well, we were leaving and we always give a kiss on the cheek to other women, and the men just the hand shake. Well, I was way off and I dont even know what happened but I leaned in to give the old man a kiss!!! hahahhah Just when I was about to I realized what I was doing and pulled back really fast. We left there soo fast and were laughing for about ten minutes. This kicked us back into gear and woke us up and the rest of the day went great! We are never going to walk down that street again. haha just kidding. Kind of really funny experience to have a kiss miss and Im definitely not making that mistake again! 
This week I also had the opportunity to try squid soup! I dont recommend it! 
But Eva made it for us, so it was really sweet. Sad news with her. She said she cant commit to a baptismal date--needs more time! We are going to keep working with her, I know in the Lords timing she will feel ready!
Wow, lots happened this week. Last lunes we went to Piura and bought our food in Tottus, a grocery store like HEB! I feel overwhealmed shopping in there now. haha (Kell, when I went in there I felt like how we felt when we found that giant platos in houston..hahah)
Also we were teaching Betsy this week, and when we were at the door a moto zoomed by and a HUGE water balloon splatted me right on the back! It felt great and refreshing and hurt a little but thats ok! at least its not mud balls or something that is being thrown at us! 
On the fourth, I sure was thinking a lot about Elaine Raquel! We were able to see so many miracles this day too, I know she was helping us out! Katty, the grandaughter of Miguel, went out with us to teach! It was amazing, she said both the lessons we taught with her were answers to her doubts and questions. I know that the Lords hand is in all things. And sad news, Miguel is going to move to another city. Im going to miss teaching him! He may not remember anything we have taught him (with his Alzheimers,) but I sure will forever remember the things he has taught me! And I know that if we hadnt been teaching miguel, that we would have never found Katty, who is prepared to return to the church (was baptized like 7 years ago.) She wants to prepare to go through the temple, and leave on the mission! How awesome is that! :) 
We went to Piura two other times this week for trainings! They were great. I always come back from those inspired to be better. As we were coming back in our charter bus, We were in the middle of nowhere, and felt a huge swirve, and then a crash and a jult! It was one of those moments you feel like you are in a movie, but it is real life. A small truck had hit the bus from head on! Everyone was ok, and I know we were protected. The part where the door to leave was smashed in, so people started jumping out the windows. The lady behind us was crying pretty bad, I put her hand on my shoulder and told her everything was going to be ok, because I knew it would be! They got another side door open on the side of the driver, and we were all able to leave. We found a man with a cell phone and called the mission office, and another bus came to pick us up. The man we talked to is named Tomas, and he is from Lima! He is very interested in learnning more about the church. We wrote down all his info and gave him a pamphlet. I just know he will be a bishop on day, and I know that is why the bus crashed! All is well and I know that the Lord is protecting and blessing us. 
We bought these flutes today in the market for only 4 soles! (thats like $1.50 !) Hermana Gozan is teaching me to play, and it is so fun, I love it! 
The other day in my personal study I was thinking about my testimony of Joseph Smith, and moments in my life that have given me my testimony of the first vision. The first one I could remember was when the missionaries were over, and shared the message of the first vision. I dont remember which ones they were, but I remember the spirit I felt as they shared the words of joseph smith telling of the exerpiece. I also remember when Kell and I went through the sacred grove-what a powerful experience! I remember feeling like I was walking through the temple. And the last experience is every time I share the first vision with people here. The spirit testifies to me each time we share it that it is true. I know it is! I know joseph saw God the father and Jesus Christ. I konw that he was called as a prophet of God. Im so thankful for this knowledge I have and for the oppoortunity I have to share it with others! 
Sure love yall, and hope you each have a great week! I hope the mix up dinner for valentines day doesnt get too crazy. :) Love love love yall!!
love,
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment