Monday, February 3, 2014

"Thru Thorny Ways Leads to a Joyful End..."

Mi Querida Familia,

It was a super happy week for emails, it was the first week I got an email from everyone of yall!!! Super fun. :D I sure love yall and am so thankful for everyone of yall! Super exciting things happening, so happy for Kalan!! Well this email is going to be a little shorter than normal, but thats yalls fault. :) haha 

This week was a rough one for Hermana Gozán. This is her first time ever away from home, and is struggling with lots of homesickness and other things. It was one afternoon and she was feeling super down. I was praying hard to know what to do, and the Lord helped me and guided me in what I should say and do. She cheered up and I hope I can keep helping her to be motivated and to remember why she is here! I rediscovered the hymn, Be Still my Soul. It doesnt exist in spanish, so I had forgotten it, but redisovered it, and it was just what I needed this week. I love the part i used for the subject. life may be full of thorns, but the end sure will be joyful! I have been thinking tons about Elaine this week, and especially tomorrow, the day she was born a year ago! I am so thankful I was able to be there with you, jess and trav, and mom, and be able to feel of her sweet spirit. I know she is one of the many angels helping and protecting me. I know that the atonement is real, and I know that through the great plan of happiness, we are an eternal family, and wow, that gives me great reason to rejoice! 

I only have 9 more fast Sundays in the mission....what! Where has the time gone.(I cant find the question mark on this keyboard..haha) I sure want to use every single day the best way I know how, in dedicated service to the Lord! 

Hermana Eva had her interview for her baptism, and was super excited for this saturday, but is having some doubts now, and wants to wait longer. she has a testimony and knows its all true! I know as we pray in faith she will be able to know too that she is ready!

I love how here in chulucanas, when we are trying to get the attention of someone, we say, amigo, or amiga. everyone is friends here! Im glad I have so many amazing friends here and all over the world! Thanks for all your great examples to me!

Until Next week, sure love yall!
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment