Monday, March 10, 2014

There's Going to Be a Rock or Two...

Familia Mia!

Well it has been a week full of learning! Each week is, but especially this week I have learned to really trust in the Lord.

First off, Eva is doing so great! I forgot to write last week that our flute duet went great! My fingers were shaking a lil bit, ha but it turned out great and for my first flute duet after 3 weeks of learning, it was great and really brought the spirit before the baptism. We played Nearer my god to thee. Eva is very active, Reading her scriptures, and doesnt even like to sing but is part of the choir for branch conference with us! Hna Gozan is leading and Im on the piano like always. Im so glad my senior year I made the goal to play every hymn in the hymn book. It has helped so much and I have been able to help out each week make sacrament meeting that much more reverant. Anyways, Eva has been way excited to share the góspel with her friends, her family is Catholic and are not all that supportive, but I know that through her example her family will be blessed.

Alexis was able to come to church! El problema ahora es que el va a comenzar clases en la noche, y trabajar en las mañanas! Sorry for the random outbreak in spanish! in otherwords, we are only going to be able to tteach him on the weekends, which is going to be a Little difficult to help him keep progressing, but not imposible and I konw that he will be able to reach his goal of baptism! I sure hope Ill be here when he is baptized! He has such great faith and is so sincere. Cambios are the 24th of March-either me or hna gozan are heading out, and we have no idea which! Im fine either way, I know the Lord knows better than me where I am needed, so Im not going to try to say what I want.. haha

This week has been the most rough for Hna Gozan, she found out her neice might have cáncer. She has been struggling, and I have been struggling too to help her be motivated. We had our interviews with President Rowley, and he shared with me the story from conference by Elder Vinson. Theres a boy and he has a huge rock to move, and does all he can to move it, but he cant. He goes to his dad and says that he has done all he can, but still cant move the rock. The dad says, no you havent done everything, because you havent asked me for help yet! The dad then procedes to help his son move the rock. Pres Rowley told me there is going to be a rock or two in my path, the trick is going to my father in heaven and asking for help. I made the goal to pray more fervently, and this week I was able to do that, since I have prayed hard to recieve help from the Lord. He has indeed helped me, and I know he will! There are going to be lots of rocks in our path, but I know as we turn to the Lord and trust in him, we will be able to move them, and come out stronger!
 
Its like in gymnastics when I was learning back hand back hand on the balance beam. Julie would stand back behind me further down the beam to spot me on the second backhandspring. I would often times prepare to go, but look back to make sure she was still there. I knew she was there, and I knew she wasnt going to leave, but I just had to doublé check once in a while. Sometimes I would fall, but would always get back up and be more determined to stick it next time. Sometimes we need to be reminded that God is there for us, he always will be and wont move, like coach Julie. He wants us to stick it and have success, we just have to have trust in him, and go for it. lots of times I didint go for the second backhandspring because of fear of falling or because I wasnt focused. This leads to more fear, and no progression because I will never learn to stick it! So its just better to trust in the Lord and go for it, no matter what.
Im thankful for learning this this week and know Im never alone and that with God all things are posible. It is important to remember hte Why and the Who of each day. Why am I hear, and Who am I hear for? As I ask these two questions each day it helps me and gives me strength to keep going. I know Im here to share what I know is true with all those around me, and I know Im here for my father in heaven and Jesús Christ! Each day is so imporatnt and has a purpose, and this gives me strength.

Thanks for all your love and support! Missing yall because i love yall! Hope yall have a great week!

los amo!
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment