Monday, June 9, 2014

And They Laughed....

Querida Familia,

It was a filled, fun, wonderful week with lots of blessings! Lots of laughing attacks, and smiles. I love how Grandma Garlick would always say, änd they laughted..¨thats really what life is about! Here is how my week went: :)

Lunes we had a great family home evening! The investigator we invited wasnt able to go, so we went and invited another. Hna Arce and I both thought, she is going to say no, its so last minute, but she said SI!!! so excited too! And now she is best friends with Lali, the member. Our plans may not always work out, but thats because the Lord has a better one. :)

Martes we had clase de piano like usual! We had 10 students! Including Luca and Teresa, Carola´s kids!!! IT was so great and mom those songs you sent me were perfect!! Could you send me one or two more? Luz is the mom of hno Giancarlos, a member here, and she can now play 2 songs!! She is so happy, and it made me smile so big that she was so proud. Thanks mom for teaching me to play the piano.

Miercoles we went to La Viña! Its a pueblito that is like 15 minutes away in moto. It cost 15 soles too! but its so worth it because Janet is so amaing. She is a member who has been inactive for a few years after the divorce wiht her husband. Well she wants to come back to church, and has been attending, although it costs a lot for her and her dauger angela to attend! I thought before we lived far from the church. It amazes me to see the sacrificese of these people. Sacrafice shows our Heavenly Father our love for him!

Jueves we had a Zone mtg in Piura! and it was so great gettiong letters and the pkg from jess! I am so excited to meet dalling again in December. YOURE HUGE! Anyways, I always get fired up at zone meetings. We talked about how when Christ told the disciples to put their nets on the other side of the boat, and were able to catch a ton of fish! Before, nada. well in the mission there are some changes, and I know they come from the Lord, and that as we keep acting in faith the lord will help us find more fish, or people prepared for the gospel. 

Viernes we had interviews with president Rowley! I feel so happy and motivated everytime I talk to him, and SIster Rowley. They are definitely my heros!

Sabado we did our weekly planning, since viernes we had to go to piura for interveiws. Sister Cardon is an incredible missionary, adn we talked the whole time we went to Lima the other week! Well she showed me this brilliant way to do weekly planning, its like a pop out book weekly planning in your planner. I love it! haha And I may have shown a member and was really excited, and then realized people that arne´t missionaries probably wouldnt get as excited as I did over something like that...haha But life is about enjoying the little things: :) We also had pizza night in El Tano, to support Carola!! We had about 12 members come, and an investigator!! so we were happy! We even got it worked out to wtach mormon messages on the flat screen up there on the third story. IT was so great. I love when a plan comes together and we see postivie results! Carola still hasnt come to chruch, but I know as we keep loving her she will have the desire to come!

Domingo is always my favorite day of the week. Nothing better than taking the sacrament. My poor companion got sick though, so I did divisions with cynthia. Shes waiting for her mission call!!
Miracle of the week was when all our appointments fell through. I said out loud, Quiero encontrar una familia ahora!!! or, I want to find family NOW! hna arce said, lets knock this door. Well we did and looky there, family found! I know our desires are heard. I love revelation from the book of mormon. I was reading Enos today. He has so many righteous desires, and i love how in verse 12 The lord tells him it will be given him, since he prayed, and labored diligently. Its important not to be repetative in our prayers, but praying diligently means constantly asking in faith. I know its not repetative when we pray like that. Also in my studies I have been picking a general conference talk, based on a lesson we have planned for the day to help a specific person. Its incredible to see the revelation Ive received as i´ve dont htis each day and how it has helped me in lessons. I love the scriputres and the words of the prophet and apostles. They are true!!

WEll dad you always taught me better early than late, so happy fathers day this sunday!! I sure love you!! Thanks for inspiring me, teaching me to laugh always. And I was inspired by your love to invent food combonations. So I mixed inca cola with this strawberry icecream. The first bite was good, but after that not so much. But I will try more food combos this week for you. :)
Love you ALL so much, and I am so blessed. Have such a wonderful week!!!
Love,
Hna Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment