Monday, July 14, 2014

No tiempo, no agua, no problema....:)

Hola Familia!
Fun week! 2 birds went to the bathroom on my head, we didnt have water for 3 days (it happens a lot here, like in paita. but dont worry we have storage water), and we are busy serving the Lord and it is so much fun! Hna Burton said that the 2 birds means 2 baptisms in the near future. I sure hope she is right. :)
So the trip to Lima was great! Went with he usual crew- hna Johnson, Harrison, Cardon, Roper. :) They all told me they could tell hna Burton and I never speak english to each other, because my english is terrible. Speaking backwards is just how I speak now! haha Ill get it figured out one day. :) We also weren´t sure how to greet each other. Here you always give  other girls a kiss on the cheek and a hug. We dont remember what we used to do so we just do that to each other too. haha Everytime you talk to someone, you do it, and then when you leave them too. And with guys you do the handshake when you see them, AND when you leave too. And if you walk into a room of 20 missionaries, or people, you greet all of them! It takes some time but its the polite thing to do. :) now I understand why Adnon in Alpine Ariels gymnastics always had us shake his hand when we got tehre, and when we left. :) ANyways, Im legal now and that completes my 3 trips you have to make. But surprise, hna Burton has to leave today for Lima! So more bus rides and fun trips. We were frustrated how much we were out of our area the other week, but this week its even more! But we know everything is in the hands of the Lord, and that he will bless us in the time we are there.
In our district meeting we talked about how understanding the why, increases the power to do. As we teach people, helping them understand WHY we go to church, gives them so much more incentive to go! To partake of the sacrament, feel the spirit, and given more strength for the week are some pretty great promises and reasons why we should go to church. Everyone has their agency though. We are learning that. The Elders had a baptism saturday, and none of our investigators came. I felt like on the district when the same thing happened to the elders, but then in the very last part one walked in! Well no one did. The investigators we have have lost interest or stopped progressing. We are on the look out for new people who are ready to hear the message of the restoration. I konw the Lord will guide us to them, or them to us. :)I love using our pamphlets, My family. We carry it in our hands with our book of mormon. I love showing complete strangers pictures of yall :) They all say Jared is so tall for a 15 yr old. (i need to put an updated pic of dallin in there), taht mom looks so young, if jess and kell are twins, if travis really is my brother (yes he is..) :) and if that is really me because they dont hink it looks like me. (its the blonde highlights from the sun .:)) I love bearing testimony of teh restoration, and relating that to my family, and the blessings we have receieved from the gospel. I am so blessed! We all are!
In the rama Bello Horizante we had an activity celebrating peru! the food and the dances. We do not have an active mission leader in either branch, so thats a trick. President Rowley said we are the hearts of the branches. So it looks like my heart is in 2. The members here are so great, and I love how activities like these help bring them together. Any ideas for how we can work better with he branches without the help of a mission leader?
I love the book of mormon so much!! Im reading in Alma now. I love how reading gives me so much peace, direction, and direct answers. I love in alma 2:28-31 it talkes about how the Lord gave the nephites strength to overcome the nephites. Alma had the faith, and the Lord delievered. Lets have the faith, and the Lord will deliever us.
Other fun things. Everyone here is named Rosa! I know like 5. Its fun trying to keep track of them all.
YAY for Germany winnig the world cup!! :) I think I was the only one ehre cheering for them. :) Sunday afternoon in EVERY door it was playing, kind of hard getting into houses and telling them to turn off the tv...so we just kept walking and talking to people till it ended .:)
Zahina is such a great pensionista! She gives us just the right portion of rice. :) We have language study after lunch, and in all my other areas we went bck to our room, but we stay there adn study with her, and it is so mcuh fun! She is getting way good at english. So we leave our room at 10am, and get back at 9pm at night! And it goes so fast!
Hna Burton is so fun. Fridays we have friday plan con flan. haha we plan for the week and eat flan! its fun :) and then we make our pasta. :)
FELIZ CUMPLEANOS MAKELL MORGAN GARLICK TOMORROW!!! :) Yuo should be getting your card in 2 or 3 or 4 months, or maybe I will just hand deliever it to you.. haha :) I will be eating pb and oreos tomorrow thinking of you!
There are so many questions that people ask us. But the most frequent question would have to be, Why are there trials? This week an investigator named Editha asked this. The answer I have realized is that it is because God loves us! He loves every last one of us. He wants us to progress. And it is through trials that that is possible. I am so thankful for the trials and hard times in life. It means That our heavenly father really does love us. I loved seeing her eyes light up as we testified of this. It is because it´s true!!
Well, I love all of you!

Love,
Hna Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment