Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"God is at the helm and will stay there." Elder Ballard

Mi querida familia!

So great to hear from you all! family sure is the greatest, you all make me smile, especially little jake´s big smile with teeth now! It sure has been a good week. and here´s why!

First, it is rainy! that makes me so happy. well its just a drizzle in the mornings and evenings, but still it fun! its also cold and windy in the nights, good thing i have a good scarf from an investigator elsa, and that forever 21 wind jacket. :)

Also, José Bolo won the elections here in Talara! He was who we were rooting for. :) haha It was so weird not having church last sunday. I am so thankful for church! Yesterday was so incredible listening to General Conference!!! I learned so much and received so many answers. I loved what ELder Anderson said about sharing a scripture that you know is absolutely true. So i thought id send one that I studied this morning! it was in 2 Nephi 31 :20. I love how it talks about how we can endure to the end in our lives in order to gain eternal life!  I was pondering the phrase, word of christ. in chapter 32, it is plural and says words. That made me think, if christ had one word, what would it be? My mind went to grace. His divine means of help or strength through his love and atonement is who chirst is! So if we apply his grace each day, we can gain eternal life. I know that Christ lives and his grace is real! and its there for all who come unto him! so lets come unto christ each day in small and simple ways. 

This week I got to go on an exchange with Hermana Hood from Alpine, who knows the reneers, so thats fun! She is SO GREAT. Her laugh is so contagious, and is a living light of the gospel. Our appointments fell through, but as we were talking to the people the spirit guided us too, we found 2 new investigators! I know that God is incharge, hes at the helm and will guide us safely home. :)

Gloria, is doing well! Shes reading her book of mormon and praying, and has such good questions. I love questions because they open the door for revelation and answers. Im excited to see how things go this week and what new investigators we find! 

Well we got to run! Its the last week of the transfer, so next monday who knows if Ill be here in talara for my last transfer here in peru or not! but either way, i am so excited to keep serving the Lord, wherever I am! 

Love yall so so so much! más que arroz con pollo.
love,
Hermana Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment