Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Piura: My Hot, Dusty, Northern Peruvian Desert-and the Most Beautiful Place in the World!

Hola Familia!!

I love everyday and love every week! It sure has been a great one and am just so so happy. I know this gospel is true and I am so happy to be part of it. 

Elder Evans came saturday, and we had a meeting with him with our whole mission! We woke up at 330am to get there in time. So worth it. It was my first time ever to be with the whole mission. It was really neat! It was fun seeing all the missionaries together, we are 200somthing. Edler Evans was so inspired. He and his wife were so cute. They had a translator, man that would be a tough job but he did so great! Anyways, Elder Evans shared lots of his experiences in Japan, which was so cool. Thats where he served his mission, and he was also mission president there with his wife! He said the mission they served in didnt have much natural beauty, kind of like Piura. haha :) He said his experience when they landed in the airport was shocking. You had to walk off the plane on a latter and walk to the building on foot. He said, Piura, its a wonderful world, a different world. He is right! I remember thinking the same thing when we landed a year and a half ago. ïs this the right place? and well, it sure was. :) He said this desert will be forever beautiful to. And, he is right!  It´s the people, the experiences, the branches, and  the love I have felt! I really have found the most beautiful place in the world. It is going to be hard saying goodbye. I have loved serving each day and learning from these humble people. They have taught me more than I have taught them, and I am forever grateful for Piura peru! He also taught mosiah 18. what a beautiful chapter!! yall need to read it, and we need to more fully live our baptimal covenant, even until death. :) I love it! 

I also found out in teh meeting from the missionaries in Chulucanas, that Carola, an investigator we had that made the pizzas, is getting baptized in december!!! :) I smiled so big when I heard that, I konw everyone has their time! 

And of course I have to give a shout out to Nate and Hayley!! i am so excited y'all are engaged and am super happy for y'all! :) The church is true, families can be together forever, and we just got to keep moving forward in this great plan! everyday is so worth it. Come what may and love it!

Love yall!!
hna Garlick

No comments:

Post a Comment